- Forbes or Orange location
- Be apart of a dedicated team
- Flexible work location
Our client is a charitable foundation, built on partnerships between philanthropy, community, government and business. The Drought Program Coordinator reports directly to the National Drought Program Manager and will work as part of a dedicated team responsible for the coordination and delivery of drought programs that strengthen the social economic fabric of communities and builds capacity and resilience for the future.
The key duties of the Drought Program Coordinator include:
- High quality program coordination and reporting to the National Drought Program Manager
- Community engagement and outreach to drought affected communities to ensure a high level of awareness of the grants program, submission of strong project applications, understanding of ongoing and emerging needs and issues, and supporting a joined-up approach with other support agencies
- Assist non-profit organisations to prepare the required information for grant applications where required
- Assessment of grant applications including due diligence, preparation of grants research papers for the Grants Committee, and maintaining a high degree of quality assurance and compliance with regulatory frameworks
- Coordination of funding agreements, applicant correspondence (both successful and unsuccessful), and grant payments
- Monitoring of grants projects, coordination of acquittals, and grants expenditure budget
- Assisting with evaluation, communications and publicity, and donor and other stakeholder reporting on the overall program
- Maintain current and accurate website content for the program
To be successful in this role, the following skills are required:
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills and accuracy, advanced proficiency in the English language (both written and oral), and the ability to produce high quality research and assessment of grant applications including due diligence, critique and audience-specific recommendations.
- High level attention to detail.
- Excellent time and project management skills and the ability to confidently manage and meet agreed timelines.
- Experience in administering grants programs or in successfully applying for grants for community development projects.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and perform consistently to a high standard under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work with self-direction and initiative, demonstrating strong attention to detail, discretion and confidentiality.
- Ethos of discretion, respectful community engagement and sensitivity to the challenges being experienced by drought-affected communities.
- Experience working in or with rural, regional and remote communities in community engagement, project coordination, regional development, or program delivery roles.
- Intermediate skills in the Microsoft Office suite.
- A current full driver’s license and ability to travel frequently.
- Diploma or equivalent in a relevant discipline and at least three years relevant experience.
- Understanding of community-led and longer-term natural disaster recovery and experience.
To apply, please click the appropriate link below. Alternatively, contact ESE Consulting on or email .