Programmed Skilled Workforce is a leading provider of managed workforce and training services.
Our client is a world leading supplier of integrated logistics and material handling solutions providing intelligent logistics solutions for manufacturing and distribution, as well as comprehensive automation and software technology solutions tailored to their clients' needs. As a company they take pride in offering their employees a safe and rewarding work environment in which to develop their careers.
They currently have an opportunity for a motivated and experienced Maintenance Fitter to join the team at their client site in Prestons.
You will be servicing clients' equipment in accordance with project and service agreements, whilst also identifying opportunities for improvement in the manufacture or performance of systems and products. Adhering to and promoting safety standards and work is also a vital component of the role.
* Great working environment and team
* Work for a Global Industry Leader
* Permanent full time role with attractive package ($38-$43 + Super)
About your new role:
You will be servicing manufacturing equipment at the facility in accordance to the machine specifications and maintenance schedule, whilst identifying process improvement opportunities. The role will require you to:
* Inspect and maintain equipment regularly to ensure optimum production
* Complete mechanical preventative maintenance as per schedule
* Resolve equipment faults/breakdowns in a timely manner
* Continuous improvement activities to optimise production capacity
* Manage allocated assets including spare parts and tools.
* Promote and follow health and safety processes throughout the facility
Successful candidates will have experience in troubleshooting/problem solving equipment faults, be solution focused and ensure high quality service and output is delivered, as well as possessing the following qualifications & experience:
* Fitter & Turner Trade qualification (mandatory)
* Restricted Electrical or Unrestricted Electrical Licence are highly desirable but not a mandatory requirement
* Experience with mechanical and pneumatic systems, computerised maintenance systems, and automation in a manufacturing environment is an advantage
* Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical schematics
* Understanding of OH&S requirements
* PLC experience/exposure
* Ability to work in isolation and make decisions
* Excellent verbal, written and inter-personal communication skills
* Ability to develop and maintain effective on-going relationships
* Ability to work a varying roster pattern of Night, Day and Afternoon with potentially up to 2 weeks Night shift/month.
This is a fantastic opportunity with an attractive remuneration package on offer as well as rewarding career opportunities.
Join the Programmed community and work for a company who values your safety and wellbeing.
Click on the APPLY NOW link to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you.