Electrical Maintenance Technician (Industrial Automation)
Programmed Skilled Workforce is a leading provider of managed workforce and training services.
Our client is a world leading supplier of integrated logistics and material handling solutions providing intelligent logistics solutions for manufacturing and distribution, as well as comprehensive automation and software technology solutions tailored to their clients' needs. As a company they take pride in offering their employees a safe and rewarding work environment in which to develop their careers.
They currently have an opportunity for a motivated and experienced Electrical Maintenance Technician (Industrial Automation) with a current NSW Electrical Licence at their client site in Minchinbury.
You will be servicing clients' equipment in accordance with project and service agreements, whilst also identifying opportunities for improvement in the manufacture or performance of systems and products. Adhering to and promoting safety standards and work is also a vital component of the role.
* Great working environment and team
* Work for a Global Industry Leader
* Permanent full time role on night shift with attractive package ($57.28 flat rate + Super)
About the Role:
You will be servicing manufacturing equipment at the facility in accordance to the machine specifications and maintenance schedule, whilst identifying process improvement opportunities. The role will require you to:
* Inspect and maintain equipment regularly to ensure optimum production
* Complete electrical preventative maintenance as per schedule
* Resolve equipment faults/breakdowns in a timely manner
* Continuous improvement activities to optimise production capacity
* Manage allocated assets including spare parts and tools.
* Promote and follow health and safety processes throughout the facility
* The work is in an industrial environment so a strong industrial background such as FMCG, steel, glass, high speed packaging, etc. is essential
* 4 on 4 off roster of 12 hour shifts Monday to Sunday working 84 hours/fortnight at a flat hourly rate ($4,811/fortnight or $125,099/annum and accruing 240 hours annual leave/annum at the flat rate))
* Current NSW Electrical Licence
* Experience in troubleshooting/problem solving equipment faults
* Be customer focused and ensure high quality service and output is delivered
* PLC experience in Siemens S7 and SCADA is ideal
* Full Australian work rights
* A full pre-employment medical (including drug and alcohol testing) and a police check are required before commencement
* Experience with mechanical and pneumatic systems, computerised maintenance systems, and automation (conveyors and sortation systems) is an advantage
* Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical schematics
* Understanding of OH&S requirements
* Ability to work autonomously and make decisions
* Excellent verbal, written and inter-personal communication skills
* Ability to develop and maintain effective on-going relationships with customers
Initial interviews will be held in our office in Werrington (near Kingswood) or Botany Monday to Friday.
Join the Programmed community and work for a company who values your safety and wellbeing.
Click on the APPLY NOW link to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you.