Duty Officer l Swim Instructor l Multiple roles
Programmed Professionals is seeking an experience Duty Officer located in the South side of Brisbane to work within our client's Leisure centre. This is a part time role offering 25 hours per week.
Your Duties/responsibilities will be:
* Conduct safe and enjoyable Learn to Swim classes for various ages and levels.
* Ensure swimming classes are conducted in accordance with Industry Guidelines and follow Aquatic Centres Learn to Swim program and procedures.
* Undertake general cleaning and maintenance of facilities and equipment as required ensuring they are presentable and in good operating condition at all times.
* Contribute to the co-ordination and programming of swimming classes for all age and ability groups.
* To provide customers with an excellent standard of customer service and at the same time facilitate a safe and enjoyable aquatic experience.
* Ensure required equipment is available for class set up and prepared for classes to begin on time.
* Must participate in quarterly Aquatic Staff Professional Development planning sessions and ongoing training.
* To be responsible for opening and closing procedures, including appropriate securing of facilities and reporting any security matters to the Aquatic Supervisor.
* In addition to upholding set operational procedures within the venue, including water testing and temperature and plant and equipment maintenance.
* Comply with all workplace health and safety statutes and regulations
The successful applicant will possess the following:
* Hold a current Working with Children Suitability Card or able to obtain once employed.
* Austswim or Swim Australia Accreditation
* Excellent customer service skills
* Minimum 12 months learn to swim teaching experience, qualifications on the following areas infant, disability and coaching certificates would be highly desirable
* Point of Sale (POS) and membership systems, cash handling skills/balancing of monies is highly desirable
* Applied First Aid Accreditation is essential
* Pool Lifeguard Accreditation is highly desirable
* Certificate III and IV in Fitness or equivalent is mandatory for Aqua Aerobic Program Instructors is desirable
* All applicants will be required to undergo a functional assessment and be assessed as being able to meet the functional requirements of the position
If you feel you are suitable candidate for this role please apply today.
Job reference number:
Please note only successful applicants will be contacted.
QLD Licence- LHL-02514-D2P2F