Programmed Professionals is one of Australia's leading professional, engineering and technical recruitment agencies, servicing clients nationally.
This role is to report to the Senior Diamond Geologist. Your role is to ensure the Geology department produces accurate data on time whilst adhering to the company's HSC standards and statutory obligations.
- Key accountabilities will include:
Manage QAQC checks on drilling data and report performance to Geology Manager monthly
- Liaise with downstream customers to ensure data in adequate *Work with Drilling contractors to ensure safety and quality concerns are addressed immediately
- Ensure no stand down time on drill rigs due to lack of drill locations or pegs *Ensure work flows meet operational plans
- Participate in activities to continuously improve the way things are done at the operations
- Provide input to technical services to ensure mine planning takes into account ore body characteristics
- Log and accurately record, texture mineralization and Geotechnical data from Diamond drilling.
Field leadership and mentoring of field technicians
- Monitor the usage of systems and procedures agreed and ensure that all reporting is accurate on time
- Provide leadership and role model for safety behaviours
To be considered, you will need the following:
Relevant experience gained in a similar role working in a mining contract environment
Tertiary qualification in Geology or related discipline
Exposure to Vulcan, Acquire and/or Mapinfo desirable
Demonstrated strong leadership skills
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Strong knowledge in iron ore geology and Geotechnical Diamond Logging
C Class Driving Licence
Full Australian Working Rights
If interested, please immediately apply through the apply button.