Programmed Professionals is one of Australia's leading professional, engineering and technical recruitment agencies, servicing clients nationally.
- 5 month contract, Perth based
- Leading utilities company
- Excellent opportunity to be part of program delivery
An excellent opportunity exists for an experienced Dangerous Goods Specialist to lead development and improvement in the management of hazardous materials. Working within a large multidiscipline organisation, across business units boundaries, and in close partnership with the Operations Group to deliver the Hazardous Materials management program.
Reporting to Manager Health Safety and Environment (HSE) Systems, the successful candidate will hit the ground running and be responsible for delivering innovative and efficient practices and processes to address risks and achieve legislative compliance.
- Translating legal compliance obligations into practical guidance for the communication of requirements across the business.
- Providing technical support and knowledge in relation to Dangerous Goods and Hazardous Materials.
- Investigate change initiatives and analyse and monitor impacts of change.
- Maintaining site registers and assurance (inspection and audit) programs for Poisons Permits, Dangerous Goods licensed and placarded sites.
- Opportunity to manage the emergency planning program, in relation to hazardous materials.
- Participation in incident reporting, investigations and communication of learnings.
- Contributing to the broader safety and environment objectives of the organisation.
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Tertiary qualification in an occupation Safety AND/OR Engineering or related discipline.
Substantial Dangerous Goods Management experience in a large multi-disciplined organisation
- Considerable experience and demonstrated achievements in developing and improving management processes.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication and computing skills.
- Excellent knowledge of relevant OSH and Dangerous Goods related legislation including Acts, Regulations and Codes of Practice.
- Possesses the ability and/or has achievements in improving business processes or operations through the use of IT and business systems/applications