Our client are a global engineering company that designs, builds and life cycle supports logistics solutions. Due to continued growth, are client are seeking to appoint a Controls Engineer located on their South Brisbane based site. This role will provide technical support for existing materials handling systems in the area of electrical control and system analysis. To participate in development and deployment of electrical control systems components to an agreed specification. This includes design, documentation, testing, commissioning and training related to upgrades of existing systems and installation of new systems. To constantly seek new efficiencies in work tasks and develop new solutions, and identify new revenue opportunities.
- Provide second level support to electrical support staff as required.
- Maintain good relationships with client management through regular and professional communication.
- Complete regular system diagnostics and analysis procedures and provide customer reports.
- Develop functional specifications.
- Budget costing and quotation.
- Liaising with clients and personnel.
- Conformance to OHS&E standards in the design and execution of all work.
- Preparation of schematic drawings, PLC programs and configuration of SCADA and plc-related equipment e.g. HMIs, Scanners, Roller drive-cards, VSDs
- Preparation of manufacturing and installation specifications.
- Planning and supervision of controls installations.
- Controls project cost/budget and schedule control.
- Testing and commissioning on site. Weekend work to be expected.
- Preparation of test plans and operator & technical manuals.
- Training of client and personnel.
- Ensure high standard of service, skill, ability with current and legacy products.
- Ensure customer satisfaction on all assignments undertaken.
- Resolve within a reasonable time any system issues or escalate issues to the relevant department or manager.
- Report on designed/installed equipment which is not performing to the design specifications.
- Interstate travel and possible overseas travel involved.
- Active participation in recognition of revenue opportunities and assistance with sales consultations.
- On-call after-hours support roster participation required.
- Degree qualified in an engineering or scientific discipline or electrical trade with tertiary qualifications in the areas of engineering/electronics/mechantronics.
- Knowledge of materials handling system controls.
- Writing of technical documentation.
- Knowledge of configuration, programming and commissioning of PLCs, variable speed drives and barcode scanners and safety devices
- Understanding of OH&S requirements.
- Understanding relevant Australian Standards to the electrical role.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Participation in on-call after-hours support roster.
- Electrical trades qualification (preferred)
If this sounds like to the opportunity for you please apply below
QLD Licence- LHL-02514-D2P2F