PERSOLKELLY are one of Australia's largest and longest serving recruitment providers. Delivering both quality temporary and permanent options, we specialise in the recruitment of Engineering, Technical and Office Support talent.
We are partnered with a local government department with the recruitment of a Project Manager for a major road project. This is a contract position and is based in Kununurra. This is a local "live in" position in Kununurra and on-site, with all accommodation and a vehicle provided.
Reporting to the Manager Assets and Operations, the position will be required draft preliminary contract documentation for the delivery of the project, including the tender and quotation process for camp setup, establishment of work teams for road works and drainage, and to tender for suitable machinery for road and drainage works of the project.
In terms of your day to day, you'll be responsible for:
* Providing professional advice to the Infrastructure Directorate in relation to civil engineering and construction matters
* Performing contract administration duties for contracts including performing the role
* Managing and overseeing delivery project and ensure programmed targets and budgets are met
* Providing civil related technical advice to the infrastructure department;
* Communicate effectively at all levels and respond efficiently to achieve determined service level expectations and requirements;
* Fulfilling duty of care requirements at all times as legislated by taking reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of others
To be considered for the role you will possess:
* Background in contract and project management and site supervision of civil and related works, in particular Roads and Drainage construction.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently with engineering and technical matters, lead others and take responsibility to resolve problems that may influence the delivery of service in a timely and accurate manner.
* Strong organisational and time management skills in order to manage multiple projects tasks at any one time, as well as support others in meeting agreed deliverables;
* Effective interpersonal, communication and reporting writing skills;
* Highly developed stakeholder management, analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills;
* Tertiary degree level qualification/s (minimum) in civil engineering and/or related fields and/or equivalent industry experience;
* Current unrestricted WA "C" Class Driver's Licence.
We are actively recruiting this role now. So, if you are available and interested, click on Apply Now and we'll be in touch asap!