Community Care Worker
•Opportunities across Geelong - immediate start available
•An abundance of opportunities are available
•Work available in non-for-profits, local councils and private providers
The Community Care Worker will provide a service to help maintain clients in their homes in order to prevent premature or inappropriate admission to residential care and to maintain and improve clients and carers quality of life, through the provision of a range of direct practical assistance in clients’ homes. Community Care Services are part of the Home and Community Care (HACC) Program.
1. Perform general household duties and undertake personal care tasks necessary to maintain clients in their own homes.
2. Support clients and their families in maintaining social contacts and emotional health and well-being.
3. Monitor clients’ health and well-being and report any concerns to the Community Care Team Leader.
4. Report to the Community Care Team Leader on any unhealthy or dangerous aspects of the home or the client’s activities entailing risk to the client.
5. Participate in team activities.
6. Comply with provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act by taking all reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of self and others. Rectify actual or potentially hazardous situations and report near misses where appropriate. Participate in programs designed to monitor and protect the health of staff in their workplace.
7. Adhere to all Council’s policies and procedures relevant to this position.
8. Carry out other duties as deemed reasonable and appropriate to the role as directed from time to time.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Experience working in a related field, personal care, or community based work with the frail aged or people with disabilities.
- Knowledge and skills in the provision of personal assistance and ability to undertake personal care tasks.
- Physically able to carry out a range of household duties involving lifting and/or repetitive heavy duty tasks including vacuuming,
- Ability to communicate with clients and carers in a positive and supportive manner.
- Certificate III in Home and Community Care, Disability, Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community) or Community Services
- Ability to assist Clients with Medication: unit of competency
- Current First Aid Level 2.
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence
Interested? Please press email all the above details and certificates to . For more information please call our office on . Personal information provided will be used for recruitment purposes only and will be treated in the strictest confidence.
- Experience working in a related field, personal care, or community based work.