We are currently recruiting for a Communications Advisor to be based in the Southport area.
In the role of Communications Advisor, you will provide strategic communication services to technical and professional staff for community engagement, media relations, issues management, public affairs and stakeholder relationship management.
- State Government Department | AO5
- 12 Month Tenure with possible long-term extension
About your new role:
- Coordinate community engagement for road infrastructure projects in the district, including providing project managers with ongoing strategic communications advice, and developing and implementing communication strategies
- Develop strategies for stakeholder management and consult with a wide range of interest groups
- Provide communication advice and support to the Project Directors, managers and other staff in the areas of media and issues management, risk assessment, community engagement and communication strategies
- Manage the preparation of communications materials, including researching and writing media releases, ministerial briefings, newsletters, flyers, display materials, speech notes and others for the project
- Develop, plan and manage key communication activities such as road commissioning, launches, media opportunities and other events as required.
- Develop and implement communication strategies, activities, procedures and policies which assist the project to achieve its strategic objectives
- Degree level qualifications in communications, public relations, journalism or marketing
- Demonstrated experience in major project environments and social media competency
- High-level understanding of media, government and regional operations to manage and develop media resources
- High-level understanding of public relations and corporate communication management to guide strategies and activities with stakeholders and the community
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please contact the Programmed Professionals on to have a confidential chat about your career or click on the APPLY NOW link to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
Programmed strives for diversity, inclusion and equality of our people. We seek a workforce that is representative of the communities we work in. We encourage people of all cultures, gender, age, or abilities to apply.
QLD Licence- LHL-02514-D2P2F