Programmed Skilled Workforce are currently seeking a self-driven Commercial Engineer for an immediate start based in Central Queensland.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful applicant will be Commercial Engineer Onsite and be an integral of the Commercial Team and accountable for delivering on the operational spend categories and business outcomes for this major project.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
- Overseeing of day to day construction to monitor project costs and variations
- Reporting of forecast updates to management and project controls
- Work in close conjunction with Management team and project scheduler to streamline schedule and coordinate engineering activities as they relate to commercial activities
- Attend Project meetings and provide technical and engineering support to the Commercial team
- Liaising onsite to achieve 'on-time on-budget' results including follow-up meeting to ensure timely response to action items
- Drive key cost improvement initiatives in relation to scope, schedule and spend control with the key contractors
REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
- Bachelor's degree in Civil / Mining / Mechanical
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Held middle level position in the development of Rail infrastructure/ Mine construction projects / mine operations in Australia
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel frequently to site and other locations as required
- Demonstrated commercial acumen with respect to managing complex construction or supply type contracts
- Working knowledge of legislation and policies for Australian rail construction, experience in negotiation of similar contract size
- Applied experience with supporting design development including safety in design requirements
An excellent renumeration package is on offer for the right candidate.
To express your interest in our upcoming roles please apply online or email resume to