Programmed Professionals is one of Australia's leading professional, engineering and technical recruitment agencies, servicing clients nationally.
We are working with a rural Shire based in the Kimberly region of Western Australia who require a Civil Contracts Supervisor to join their team for 4 months.
Roster 11 days on 3 days off
Vehicle provided (4WD)
Reporting to the Manager Assets and Engineering, the position will be required to supervise the civil contractor for the execution of roadworks on remote roads (unsealed gravel roads). Including but not limited to; directing the civil contractor to carry out works, maintaining records of completed works, ensuring strict adherence to the pre-determined Capital Works budget constraints, monitoring the civil contractor's work practices, preparing and maintaining the works schedule, monitoring the productivity of the civil contractor and making changes where required.
- Providing professional advice to the Infrastructure Directorate in relation to civil engineering and construction matters;
- Performing contract administration duties for Council contracts including performing the role of Principal's Representative;
- Supervising the Contractor to ensure that works are carried out in accordance with contract documentation;
- Closely monitoring all costs against the set budget associated with each civil project overseen
- Liaising with local landowners and general public; o Identifying borrow pit areas and water sources;
- Supervising the Contractor's quality and productivity in relation to Austroads Guides, and all site clean-up, prior, during and at completion of works;
- Designating daily plant, labour and equipment hours and materials using prescribed forms;
- Providing direction and management of traffic management contractor;
- Conducting necessary inspections at various stages of works to ensure construction is in accordance with plans approved by Director Infrastructure;
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary degree level qualification/s (minimum) in civil engineering and/or related fields and/or equivalent industry experience; and
- Current unrestricted WA "C" Class Driver's Licence.
- Strong organisational and time management skills in order to manage multiple projects tasks at any one time, as well as support others in meeting agreed deliverables
- Highly developed stakeholder management, analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills;
- High level demonstrated knowledge in, and understanding of civil engineering planning and development, strategy, processes and procedures;
- Extensive background in contract and project management and site supervision of civil and related works, in particular Roads and Drainage construction
- Demonstrated previous experience in in Local Government (desirable)
For more information on this role please call Tara at Programmed Professionals on .