Programmed Training Services specialise in the employment of Apprentices and Trainees with our clients and the design and delivery of nationally accredited training.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Civil Construction Traineeship located on the Gold Coast QLD.
Applicants must have a desire to work in the construction industry with a focus on rehabilitation of roads and road furniture. The traineeship is a paid position whilst gaining a nationally recognised qualification - Certificate II in Civil Construction - Road Construction Maintenance. As this Traineeship is within a busy fast paced environment, you must possess a 'Can Do' attitude and have a strong work ethic with a passion to work outdoors. Experience or awareness of working near traffic and civil construction is desirable.
What we can offer you during your traineeship:
* Learn to Construct and Rehabilitate Roads and Road Furniture
* Plan and organise work
* Carry out measurements and calculations
* Read, interpret plans & specifications
* Communicate in the workplace
* Use hand and power tools
* Control the work methods to ensure that construction work is carried out in an efficient and compliant manner
* Comply with safety procedures to maintain a safe work environment and to ensure compliance with Workplace Health and Safety Legislation
* Ongoing coaching, mentoring and support to complete a Nationally recognised qualification - Certificate II in Civil Construction - Road Construction Maintenance
* Fantastic pay rates
* Annual Leave, Sick Leave and Public Holiday pay apply with this position
* Potential career in the industry
* OHS Construction White Card essential prior to commencement
* Motivated and willing to learn
* Reliable and have a positive attitude
* Drivers Licence and reliable transport essential
* Construction or General labouring experience desirable
* Flexible to work days and nights
* Strong commitment to complete Traineeship
* Must be a self-starter and demonstrate initiative
Highly desirable requirements:
* Experience or awareness of working near traffic and civil construction is desirable
* Passion for 'hands on work' and enjoys the outdoors.
* Competent numeracy & literacy skills
* Completed year 10 High School Certificate
* Proven experience in outdoor Labouring desirable
* Proven experience working within a team environment
* Commitment to complete theory/written and practical components of the qualification
Applicants must live on the Gold Coast to be considered for this opportunity. Prior to an offer of employment a pre-employment medical examination 'fit for work' (including passing a drug and alcohol screen) is required.