Programmed Training Services specialise in the employment of Apprentices and Trainees with our clients and the design and delivery of nationally accredited training.
Under our Indigenous Workforce Services program, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Civil Construction Traineeship located on the Gold Coast QLD for applicants that identify as being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent.
Applicants must have a desire to work in the construction industry with a focus on rehabilitation of roads and road furniture. The traineeship is a paid position whilst gaining a nationally recognised qualification - Certificate II in Civil Construction - Road Construction Maintenance. As this Traineeship is within a busy fast paced environment, you must possess a 'Can Do' attitude and have a strong work ethic with a passion to work outdoors. Experience or awareness of working near traffic and civil construction is desirable.
What we can offer you during your traineeship:
* Learn to Construct and Rehabilitate Roads and Road Furniture
* Plan and organise work
* Carry out measurements and calculations
* Read, interpret plans & specifications
* Communicate in the workplace
* Use hand and power tools
* Control the work methods to ensure that construction work is carried out in an efficient and compliant manner
* Comply with safety procedures to maintain a safe work environment and to ensure compliance with Workplace Health and Safety Legislation
* Ongoing coaching, mentoring and support to complete a Nationally recognised qualification - Certificate II in Civil Construction - Road Construction Maintenance
* Fantastic pay rates
* Annual Leave, Sick Leave and Public Holiday pay apply with this position
* Potential career in the industry
* Must identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
* OHS Construction White Card essential prior to commencement
* Motivated and willing to learn
* Reliable and have a positive attitude
* Drivers Licence and reliable transport essential
* Construction or General labouring experience desirable
* Flexible to work days and nights
* Strong commitment to complete Traineeship
* Must be a self-starter and demonstrate initiative
Highly desirable requirements:
* Experience or awareness of working near traffic and civil construction is desirable
* Passion for 'hands on work' and enjoys the outdoors.
* Competent numeracy & literacy skills
* Completed year 10 High School Certificate
* Proven experience in outdoor Labouring desirable
* Proven experience working within a team environment
* Commitment to complete theory/written and practical components of the qualification
Applicants must live on the Gold Coast to be considered for this opportunity. Prior to an offer of employment a pre-employment medical examination 'fit for work' (including passing a drug and alcohol screen) is required.