PROGRAMMED Training Services specialise in the employment of Apprentices and Trainees with our clients and the design and delivery of nationally accredited training.
Under Programmed Indigenous Workforce Services, we have fantastic opportunities in Winton QLD for applicants that identify as being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent for Civil Construction Traineeships specialising in Road Projects commencing in early 2019.
These traineeships are fulltime and you will need to commit to approximately 24 months. You will need to be motivated and a self-starter with log books and studies to obtain the qualification. Possible opportunities for a long term career for the right individuals
What we can offer you during your Traineeship:
* Learn to Construct and Rehabilitate Roads and Road Furniture
* Plan and organise work
* Carry out measurements and calculations
* Read, interpret plans & specifications
* Communicate in the workplace
* Use hand and power tools
* Control the work methods to ensure that construction work is carried out in an efficient and compliant manner
* Comply with safety procedures to maintain a safe work environment and to ensure compliance with Workplace Health and Safety Legislation
* Ongoing coaching, mentoring and support to complete a Nationally recognised qualification - Certificate III in Civil Construction - Road Construction Maintenance RII30915
* Fantastic above award pay rates
* Fulltime contract with Annual Leave, Sick Leave and Public Holiday pay
* Potential career in the industry
* OHS Construction White Card essential prior to commencement
* Motivated and willing to learn
* Reliable and have a positive attitude
* Drivers Licence and reliable transport
* General labouring experience an advantage
* Flexible to work days and nights (Approx. 6am starts)
* Strong commitment to complete Traineeship
* Must be a self-starter and demonstrate initiative
* Passion for 'hands on work' and enjoys the outdoors.
* Competent numeracy & literacy skills
* Completed year 10 High School Certificate
* Proven experience in outdoor Labouring desirable
* Proven experience working within a team environment
* Commitment to complete theory/written and practical components of the qualification
Whilst the Traineeships are based in Winton you may be required to work anywhere in the surrounding region. This may require you to work away on certain projects so it is imperative you are flexible to the business requirements.
Prior to offer of employment the successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical examination for fitness for work (including passing a drug and alcohol screen)