Our client is an ASX listed Mining organisation based in the CBD whom is seeking an experienced Category Officer to join their team on a 12 month contract position with a view to extension.
Reporting to the Senior Category Specialist, this role will manage a portfolio of contracts including business stakeholder engagement ensuring the effective delivery of all procurement, contract management services and reporting requirements applicable to being a high performing Category/Contract Specialist.
You will also develop and implement category management plans for applicable services and related goods. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who can meet challenges with enthusiasm and excels in meeting high energy, high powered environments.
* Develop and implement category management plans for applicable mining services
* Work within the broader Services Category team to effectively deliver value through sourcing and contract management
* Support the management of key strategic supplier relationships
* Lead negotiation of standard terms and conditions for draft contracts and variations
* Support, communicate and contribute to Procurement initiatives with the stakeholder groups
* Conduct and manage specific tendering, EOI and evaluation processes, including contract initiation, negotiation of standard terms and conditions
* Lead the process of remedying contract breaches and facilitating contract variations and finalisation
The Ideal Candidate
* Tertiary qualification in Law, Engineering or Supply Chain/Procurement will be highly desirable
* 5 years + experience in a contract admin/Category specialist role
* Ideally you will have exposure to the mining industry with sound contracts and procurement experience
* Substantial experience in procurement and contract management roles within mining or similar industries
* Experience in or exposure to labour hire industry contractual arrangements, shutdown maintenance or construction and associated project and risk management methodologies
* Effective written skills with excellent attention to detail (e.g. drafting concise award recommendations, drafting of contract terms and conditions, drafting of contract correspondence and variations)
* Relevant experience working in teams (particularly alongside asset management, technical and maintenance personnel) to deliver supply chain objectives in cost and time sensitive environments
* Experience in electronic sourcing and contract management platforms, particularly SAP Ariba (highly desirable).
* Strong influencing and negotiation skills with excellent communication skills Ability to work effectively in a fast paced team environment
* Analytical and critical thinking skills; commercial awareness
* Advanced Excel and reporting skills
* ASX Listed Global Leader in the mining resources sector
* CBD Location
* Competitive salary
* 12 month contract role with a strong view to permanency
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this role.
For more information on this role or a personal discussion please call Zoe Manifis at Programmed Professionals on .