- Attractive hourly rate
- A positive work culture
- 3 Month Contract with Potential to Increase
Receive the support of the broader community who value the lives of children/young people at risk, and are prepared to engage cooperatively with government and smaller communities so as to ensure better opportunities for those who are most vulnerable.
Purpose of Role
To ensure the continuity of the care planning for the children/young people and approved Foster or Kinship Carers within the allocated Foster Care program. Work closely with the children/young people and approved Foster or Kinship Carers in developing individual Care Plans and once approved by the Operations Manager – Foster Care, monitor the outcomes of the strategies. Undertake day-to-day coordination of planning and support to children/young people and approved Foster or Kinship Carers assigned to you.
- Adopt safe work practices consistent with WH&S guidelines, and adhering to any documented safe work procedures
- Maintain a working knowledge of Policies and Procedures and work within the principles contained therein
- Maintain client, family and organisational confidentiality
- Will model appropriate, professional and courteous behaviour with all interactions concerning employees, independent contractors, approved Foster or Kinship Carers and clients
- Always ensuring mutual respect particularly with the image, assets and future viability is protected and held in the highest regard
- Any other related tasks given at the direction of the Operations Manager – Foster Care or Senior Management
- Required to be available for a minimum of two weeks prior and during scheduled external audits, as advised by the COO. The requirement to be available during this time is not negotiable
- Degree or Diploma in child development, human services field, or other related social welfare area
or relevant experience in case management
- Experience working with children/young people and families within a foster care or related out of home care service delivery area
- Demonstrated commitment to ethical work practices and quality improvement
- Demonstrated ability to work and function effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in working with children/young people and the development and implementation of individualised Care Plans using a team approach
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of the Child Protection Act 1999
**BLUE CARD AND DRIVERS LICENCE ARE A MUST**
This position is open to candidates currently in Australia with unrestricted work rights. Unfortunately, we are unable to process applications from candidates seeking sponsorship in Australia or those on temporary or working holiday visas
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Vlasta Eriksson on , quoting Ref No. VE2021CM.