As the Assistant Director, you will work closely with the Director, Growth and Innovation in the development, management and delivery of the Agency's Contemporary and Innovative Approaches Strategy.
Main responsibilities involve:
* Accountability for designing and managing engagement approaches and national events related to our Contemporary and Innovative Approaches strategy including design challenges, summits, awards and think tanks
* Effectively design and coordinate the agency's participation at third party events, including supporting the attendance of senior staff, and strategic involvement with national and global events
* Develop and contract manage procurement related to engagement and events ranging from event sponsorships, project partnerships to consultant support
* Design bespoke engagement approaches based on stakeholder segmentation
* Manage a proactive engagement and events calendar to ensure the Agency is attending/presenting at key stakeholder events and reaching key audiences with information
* Build and foster strong relationships with key stakeholders, including in the community and disability sectors
* Lead and motivate a small team to continually improve, bring new ideas and support for events
* Liaise with, and manage external suppliers in accordance with Agency deadlines, resources, budgets and contracts.
* Promote workplace practices consistent with the Agency's policies and in accordance with APS values and leadership behaviours.
Skills / Proven Ability:
* Ability to work within and across teams and adapt quickly to a changing environment
* Ability to respond to and prioritise competing and often urgent requests in a calm and efficient manner
* Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information
If this sounds like the role for you, APPLY NOW!