Assistant Director - Geraldton (Wonthella)
We're Goodstart - a not-for-profit with a vision for Australia's children to have the best possible start in life. We're Australia's largest early learning and care provider, and our people are passionate about the benefits of early learning. They go beyond childcare to provide positive, nurturing and stimulating early learning environments that help children reach their full potential. We're looking for an experienced and passionate assistant director who is committed to helping children learn the skills they need for school and life.
As a natural leader with a wealth of experience in the sector, you'll thrive leading a team to develop a fun and stimulating learning environment for the children in your room. Being able to build respectful and reciprocal relationships will be key as you support the Centre Director in the leadership of the centre to provide high - quality early learning and care that meets or exceeds the NQS.
- Family orientated community
- Population of approx. 36,000
- Beautiful Coastal City
- Laid back regional lifestyle
- Lots of historical monuments, museums and restaurants
- 99 place centre with 5 rooms and 2 outdoor areas
- Multi-age outdoor program
- Homely and welcoming environment
- Wonderful connections with the families and community
- Time of change in the centre
- Candidates will have a Diploma or Bachelor in Early Childhood Education and Care or equivalent
- Floating Position across the service adding value and support to each room
- Fixed Term, full time position 38 hours per week
- Coaching, developing and mentoring team members
- Assisting the director is reaching new established centre targets and organisational goals
- Maintain a safe environment for children, families, team members and all visitors
- Responsible for the overall management during the Centre Directors absence
- Support the Centre Director in the leadership of the centre to provide high - quality early learning and care that meets or exceeds the NQS
- Build respectful and reciprocal relationships with children, families and community
- Use internal and external networks to ensure children and families have access to appropriate support networks
- Actively support the centres attendance and targets by providing excellent centre tours, orientations and ongoing communication to covert and retain families.
- Perform key business administration tasks when required including rostering, labour management, family account management and e-purchasing when required.
- Competitive award wages
- Flexible work arrangements
- Supportive and friendly team
- Child care discounts
- Professional development and training
- Career pathways and opportunities
If you have leadership experience as a senior educator, or similar, then we want to meet you!
Goodstart is committed to child safety, with a zero tolerance of child abuse, and we look to reflect this commitment in our employees. Should you strive to uphold and reflect these values then we would love to hear from you!
To apply for the role please 'Apply Now'