Our client, a leading provider of audio visual,communications and electrical services is seeking an Assistant Accountant for a 12 month fixed term opportunity based in Melbourne CBD.
The Assistant Accountant role is to assist in facilitating senior management in making informed business decisions through the preparation of profit and loss reports,reconciliations of accounts, the effective preparation of annual budgets and to assist with the analysis of monthly results.
* Monthly reconciliations of multiple company balance sheets and bank statements
* Weekly payroll data import into accounting system
* Preparation and processing of key monthly supplier accruals, journals, prepayment schedules etc
* Monthly maintenance of the fixed asset register and depreciation calculations
* Assist with key ad-hoc reporting and analysis tasks
* Cash flow preparation and analysis
* Quarterly reporting requirements
* Support to Accountant and Finance team
Skills and experience:
* Strong financial awareness and attention to detail
* Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
* Proven ability to work unsupervised, show initiative and self-motivation to achieve set goals timely and efficiently.
To be considered for this role you will have proven experience performing a similar role as an Assistant Accountant within the professional services industry.
If this sounds like the role for you please click APPLY now or send your resume in Word format only to