Programmed Training Services specialise in the employment and mentoring of Apprentices and Trainees across Australia as well as the design and delivery of nationally accredited training.
Programmed, in partnership with Australia's largest equipment rental Company, Coates Hire have exciting opportunities for individuals to kick start a career as a Heavy Vehicle Plant Mechanic nationally. We are seeking highly motivated individuals who are able to commit to a full-time 4 year apprenticeship, with a "can do" attitude, strong work ethics, drive to learn, a strong focus on safety and being a reliable individual.
In return we will offer you:-
* A Nationally Recognised Qualification - Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology (Heavy Mechanical)
* Get paid whilst you learn
* Work directly with qualified professionals in the industry
* Support and mentoring both "on and off the job"
* A positive and energetic work environment
* Course fees paid for
* Annual Leave, Sick Leave and Public Holiday pay for the duration of the apprenticeship
* Kick start to a career in the industry
Working as an apprentice in this trade key responsibilities and duties may include:
* Working on a huge range of equipment from chainsaws to 36 ton excavators
* Assemble and fit machined parts
* Fault finding and resolving mechanical issues
* Maintenance of equipment including braking and suspension systems
* Service machinery regularly and make any adjustments or repairs needed by removing worn or damaged parts to install replacements
* Perform safety inspections
* Troubleshoot hydraulic, electrical & cooling systems
* Work with electronic control systems
* Work as a team member
* Attend safety Toolbox talks, contribute to the team's safety
We have positions available in Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney and Perth
We are seeking applicants with:-
* Mechanical Aptitude
* Problem solving and initiative
* Ability to communicate with colleagues and managers both verbal and written
* Being a team member and able to work in a team environment
* An eager to learn mentality
* Reliable transportation
* Current Drivers Licence
Our process includes undergoing a pre-employment medical examination 'fit for work' (including passing a drug and alcohol screen)
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, Females and School leavers are encouraged to apply.