PROGRAMMED Training Services specialise in the employment of Apprentices and Trainees with our clients and the design and delivery of nationally accredited training.
Our Apprenticeship Program is a fantastic opportunity to kick-start your career in the Horticultural Landscaping industry with a large, flexible and progressive industry leader who truly supports and invests in your career development. We are currently seeking applications for our 2019 Apprentice opportunity.
The apprenticeship will be based out of our client's workshop with a work area from Maitland to the central coast. To be considered for this role you will need to be based 1hr travel from the Hexham / Beresfield area. This role offers work across many different sites including but not limited to Schools, Residential and commercial sites. Normal days of work are Monday - Friday with Saturday works as required. The successful applicant will be working with 2 teams with over 20years experience in the landscaping trade.
What we can offer you during your Apprenticeship:
* Ongoing coaching, mentoring and support to complete a Nationally recognised trade qualification
* Comply with safety procedures to maintain a safe work environment and to ensure compliance with Workplace Health and Safety Legislation
* Communicate in the workplace
* Read, interpret plans
* Use hand and power tools - Push mowers, Zero Turn Mowers, Self-Propelled Mowers, Whipper Snippers, Edger's, Saws
* Chemical Spraying devices
* Fulltime contract with Annual Leave, Sick Leave and Public Holiday pay
* Potential ongoing work at the term of the apprenticeship
* Overtime - pending on workloads including Saturdays
To become an apprentice with our team you will need to bring:
* Completion of Year 10 or higher - last 2 years of school reports are required
* A current Driver's License at the start of the apprenticeship
* A strong commitment to achieving Zero Harm
* Willingness to learn and a genuine interest in completing t apprenticeship
* A can do attitude, teamed with the ability to work in a team environment
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with computer literacy
* Willingness to take responsibility for completing tasks to the highest quality
* Ability to complete heavy lifting from time to time
* Completion of a relevant pre-apprenticeship course is advantageous, but not essential.
* Checkable work and/or school references
* Current White Card - highly desirable
Included in your cover letter you must nominate why you are applying for the apprenticeship along with your suitability and understanding of the apprenticeship. Mature age applicants will need to have a strong path into the trade.
Prior to an offer of employment the successful applicant will be required to undergo
* Pre-employment medical - including passing a drug and alcohol screen
* Police Check
* Working With Children Check