Full time - contract
Our client is currently looking for an Assistant Accountant to join their growing team in Victoria. The successful candidate will perform and oversee accounting activities across allocated contract.
Main responsibilities will involve:
* Oversee and complete activities within the standard in-scope processes taking into account daily contract priorities, with a particular focus on more complex tasks
* Proactively manage the allocated workload in a timely and accurate manner
* Deliver excellent service to allocated contract(s)
* Actively improve personal utilisation and productivity
* Seek guidance on higher risk / complex activities from Finance Manager and Central support functions as required
* Escalation any issues related to in-scope activities to Finance Manager or Senior Finance Manager in a timely manner
* Act as a daily point of contact between F&A function and contract personnel
* Provide feedback and flag improvement opportunities for processes, tools and systems to Finance Manager
* Maintain excellent knowledge and understanding of standard end to end processes in scope and systems, including handover points with other functions
* Understand detailed differences in application of the standard end to end processes to allocated contract(s)
* Effectively balance contract requirements and expectations with the priorities of the F&A function
* Ensure consistent execution of the end to end processes in compliance with company policies
Skills / Proven Ability:
* Proven experience in Time entry & management (Payroll), Purchasing, Costing, Billing, Month end closing, Forecasting and Reporting
* Detailed knowledge and experience in SAP
* An ability to prioritise tasks effectively and produce quality work
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work as a member of a team.
If this sounds like the role for you, APPLY NOW!
For urgent consideration, email your resume to
For a confidential discussion call .