What do the Dead Sea, Jerusalem, and ‘Startup nation’ have in common? Israel! This tech-savvy country has been labelled the ‘Startup nation’ for many years now, and where tech startups are concerned it’s fast becoming in a league of its own.
And we’re going! The Australia-Israel Chamber of Commerce have invited us to join this year’s Entrepreneurs Trade Mission to Israel; an honorary experience led by Wyatt Roy, Assistant Minister for Innovation, Entrepreneur and ‘Politician of the Year’ by GQ Magazine.
This is a prime opportunity to understand the entrepreneurial culture and innovative eco-system Israel has. It is also a golden chance to meet some inspiring Israeli influencers, and share business ideas and opportunities. Our Founder Gen George begins the Trade Mission on Thursday 29th October. She expects a jampacked week of startup talk, sights, and priceless learning and business opportunities.
Israel might be a small nation but it has truly put it's name on the map for being an innovation leader. How? Have a look:
- It has more start-up companies per capita than anywhere else in the world
- Israel is ranked #2 in the world for venture capital funds behind the U.S
- Beside the US and China, Israel has more NASDAQ listed companies than any other country
- Israel has the world's 3rd highest rate of entrepreneurship - the highest rate among women and among people over 55
- Israel's scientific research institutions are ranked 3rd in the world
It's true what they say - good things do come in small packages, and we're about to find out why! Watch this space, we'll send you a postcard!
Image source: www.travelpulse.com