Keeping in line with the theme of the week (it’s Sleep if you’re a late comer), today is all about dream jobs. Yes, incase you were wondering, I am aware that this topic is a bit of a stretch to align it with Sleep.
People go on and on about how to get your dream job, but what about the amount of people out there who have absolutely no clue what they want to do with their lives? I think there are more of these people than there are of those who actually have their future sorted.
If you want a clearer understanding of what career path you want to take, ask yourself the following questions. Find out your passion, what drives you, what values you possess. Hopefully then you will be able to better understand what you want to spend your life doing. If not, try your luck with the lotto.
1. What do I love enough to do for free?
2. If I had to go back to University tomorrow, what would I study?
3. What do I love most about my current job?
4. What do I enjoy, regardless of the opinions of other people?
5. What do your friends tell you you’d be good at? (Hint: If you don’t know, ask! If you don’t have any friends, skip this question.)
Want a prime example? Read Ben's story about having the Ultimate Career. WARNING: Will cause extreme jealousy.